Welcome to Capital Medical Group
With years of patient-care experience and the advantages of modern technology, Capital Medical Group strives to be a leading provider of family healthcare, cardiology, imaging, occupational and aesthetic services in the Frankfort area. We are committed to providing quality care at a reasonable cost, with an emphasis on ease of access to services.
We know you have a choice in healthcare providers. Take the time to investigate your options. Call us about our services and staff. Once you do, we think you’ll agree that Capital Medical Group can provide you with a diverse group of healthcare services, locations and office hours to meet your changing and most discerning needs.
Our mission: To meet the main healthcare needs of Frankfort and the surrounding communities while being accessible, innovative, friendly, and a leader in quality measures. We also take our role as a local employer very seriously and strive to remain profitable and continuously improve our workplace.
Capital Medical Group offers tremendous options in family medicine, cardiology, imaging, occupational medicine and aesthetic services. Our team of healthcare professionals – all accredited in their fields – offers expertise gained over years of experience caring for people just like you. From the moment you arrive, you’ll know why Capital Medical Group is the leading healthcare provider in the Frankfort area.
As we wade through the heart of Cold and Flu season, it is important to remember a few key facts about antibiotics and how they affect these annual troublemakers.
- Antibiotics only destroy or diminish BACTERIA, not viruses.
- Viruses cause: 1.) Colds 2.) Flu 3.) Most Sore Throats 4.) Most Coughs and Bronchitis 5.) Many Sinus Infections 6.) Many Ear Infections. This means that, unfortunately, antibiotics are not an effective treatment option for these kinds of illnesses.
- To determine if your illness is due to a virus or bacteria, we need to know when it started and how it’s progressing. We need to look in your ears and listen to your chest, and possibly do a throat culture.
- Did you know that Bacterial Sinusitis usually doesn’t develop for 7 to 10 days after initial symptoms occur? Taking antibiotics before it develops is unnecessary. In fact, 75% of bacterial sinusitis will likely resolve without antibiotic treatment.
- Overuse and misuse of antibiotics promotes the development of “Superbugs” making current treatments less effective.
Remember to always consult with your doctor before taking any medications, and if you aren’t feeling well don’t wait to make an appointment. Make note of your symptoms and when they began, and call your doctor. From all of us at the Capital Medical family, have a happy and healthy winter season.